Harry Potter fans rejoice! Universal Orlando Resort has released new details regarding the highly anticipated new attraction Diagon Alley. Set to open this summer, Diagon Alley will explore all of shops, sights and exciting elements that captured the hearts of book readers and movie goers alike.
Diagon Alley will be inside Universal Studios, while the current portion of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is located at Island’s of Adventure. The two Potter-themed areas will be connected by a train called Hogwart’s Express and guests will be able to travel between the two areas – just like Harry did! It will be an immersive, two-park experience. To see both areas, visitors will need Universal Orlando tickets with dual park access, such as the Park-to-Park 1 Day Ticket.
Get a sneak peak at what’s in store by browsing through these concept art images, along with need-to-know tidbits about each attraction.
Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment, where guests can grab wizarding essentials such as telescopes, binoculars, armillary spheres, compasses, magnifying glasses and hourglasses.
Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes, a vibrant shop featuring novelty items, magical jokes, and toys inspired by the books and films that will amaze the mischievous child in everyone.
Witness the magical experience of a wand choosing a wizard at Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 BC, one of the wizarding world’s premier wand shops.
Walk the London Embankment and imagine yourself in a scene from your imagination.
Visit Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlour for frozen treats in a variety of tantalizing and unique flavors such as strawberry-and-peanut-butter ice-cream and many others.
Board the Hogwarts Express and journey between London’s King’s Cross Station (located in Universal Studios Florida) and Hogsmeade Station (located in Universal’s Islands of Adventure). The journey will be filled with views of London and the British countryside – as well as a few surprises.
Cross through the iconic brick wall archway from the films and into Diagon Alley – a bustling, wizarding hub within a Muggle city.
Experience a groundbreaking new, multi-dimensional thrill ride, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, which will place riders in the middle of an incredible adventure as they navigate their way through the perils of the Gringotts vaults.
Other elements of Diagon Alley park goers can look forward to include:
- Discover the darker side of magic in Knockturn Alley, the darkest of dark places that features Borgin and Burkes – a shop specializing in the Dark Arts that will offer a wide variety of Dark objects, such as Death Eater masks, skulls, and other sinister items.
- Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions, where guests will find a variety of wizardwear from Hogwarts school uniform ties, scarves and jumpers, to authentic wizard’s robes and character costumes.
- Magical Menagerie, which features a collection of plush animals, such as owls and Hippogriffs.
- Quality Quidditch Supplies, offering a wide assortment of apparel and equipment including Quidditch sweaters, brooms, Golden Snitches, Bludgers, Bludger bats, Quaffles and more
- Scribbulus, featuring authentic writing implements and products such as feather quills, ink and inkwells, bookmarks, journals, parchment paper, seals, stationery sets and postcards
- Enjoy traditional British fare that includes favorite dishes such as fish and chips, bangers and mash and more at the Leaky Cauldron.
Diagon Alley is set to double the size of Harry Potter themed attractions at Universal Orlando Resort. After learning more about what to expect, I can’t wait to explore the park when it opens Summer 2014. More details about Diagon Alley will be released over time. Follow our Travel Guide to get the latest!
|More Universal news ahead! Read about new restaurants opening at Universal CityWalk in 2014.|
|Read More »|
|Ashley is Reserve Direct’s travel expert, visiting Orlando to find the best travel tips, money-saving deals and insider information. With over 10 years of experience in first-hand travel adventures, she shares her stories, advice, and current events to help you stay in the know. Before you pack your bags, get the latest scoop on Orlando vacations from Ashley.|