Downtown Disney is hosting The Great Irish Hooley Labor Day Weekend, August 30 – September 2, 2013. As the event was such a success in 2012 it is returning for four-days of non-stop days of delicious Irish food, live music and old-fashioned fun. The Hooley, which is Irish slang for party or celebration, will be held at Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant.
|Photo Credit: Raglan Road/Disney|
Traditional, folk and rock music will perform on the restaurant stage and outside on the pub patio. Young and old alike can learn a new jig at Irish dance workshops led by renowned Irish dancer and choreographer Ronan McCormack. Irish music workshops with Dublin-born instrumentalist Declan Masterson will be available to festival goers, too. Join in the fun of the Ceili, an Irish dance, get your face painted and eat some classic Irish food at The Hooley.
- Elevation: Elevation is without question the most successful U2 tribute band in the world and are the only band to call when you want to bring the most authentic sights and sounds of U2 to your audience without actually having to bring in U2 themselves.
- Scythian: Take a trio of classically trained dueling fiddlers, toss in a rhythm guitar, a banjo and the occasional funky accordion, then power it with the driving rhythm of a world percussionist, and you’ve got the ingredients for a show you won’t soon forget.
- Lisa Canny: Lisa Canny is a musician from Co. Mayo, on the West Coast of Ireland. With her roots in traditional and folk music, combined with her contemporary flare she has been compared to the wide range of artists: from Kate Bush and Sinead O’Connor to Sarah McLachlan.
- Creel: The fantastically talented House Band at Raglan Road. They wow guests 6 nights a week with their endless repertoire of traditional Irish music & ballads, jigs & reels, modern Irish and country music.
- The Raglan Rebels: Ireland’s best upcoming young band. Prepare to be blown away by the energy, excitement and incredible musical ability of these 4 young Dublin guys.
- The Farrell Brothers: This multi-talented Irish duo perform on our patio stage every night putting their own spin on traditional Irish and modern music.