There are a lot of things to do in Orlando. Whether you want to explore one of their world-renowned theme parks or discover the other side of Orlando, there is something for everyone to do. It doesn’t matter if you’re a first time visitor or a repeat Orlando explorer, there’s always something new to discover.
1) Visit Walt Disney World: The happiest place on earth has plenty to offer guests. Spread over an area the size of San Francisco, the park encompasses more than 30,000 acres, of which about a quarter is developed. That means there are four fantastic theme parks (Magic Kingdom; Epcot; Hollywood Studios; Animal Kingdom), two water parks (Blizzard Beach; Typhoon Lagoon) and Downtown Disney to treat yourself to while you’re in Orlando.
2) Disney World Extras: Disney World Theme Park Orlando is more than just rides. The great thing about Disney is that at no extra charge, there are theme parades, like “Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade” at the Animal Kingdom, and spectacular firework displays like “Wishes Nighttime Spectacular” at Magic Kingdom, as well as live shows like “Finding Nemo,” “Festival of the Lion King,” “Illuminations” and “Dream Along with Mickey” to take advantage of. All of these Disney extras make a day at Disney even more magical.
3) Universal Orlando Resort: Orlando’s other major theme parks offers two theme parks – Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure. Islands of Adventure promises plenty of thrills with rides like The Hulk, Dueling Dragons and The Amazing Adventures of Spider Man, while also appealing towards younger kids with areas like Seuss Landing, which is a 10 acre are based on the beloved Seuss books. Kids love to see the Seuss characters and take a spin on The Cat in the Hat Ride, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish Ride and others.
4) Explore Universal Orlando Resort CityWalk: CityWalk excels at entertainment. Shopping, dining and activities are available at CityWalk and eating at one of their theme restaurants is a must. There is a big nightlife scene at CityWalk, but kids will also love going to the NASCAR Café, NBA City and Hard Rock Café as they have game areas, memorabilia and giants televisions for viewing.
5) Blue Man Group: Located at Universal’s CityWalk, the Blue Man Group is an indescribable mix of mime, percussion and audience participation that is a must-see show when visiting the Orlando area. People of every age will enjoy their show and will leave with a smile on their face once the one hour and 45 minute show is over.
6) Gatorland: When you visit Orlando, you’ll want to take a bite out of this attraction. Located on 110 acres, this gator preserve is home to an incredible display of huge alligators and crocodiles, a train ride, aviary, breeding marsh and bird sanctuary, petting zoo, nature walk, gift shop, and one-of-a-kind shows such as the world famous Gator Jumparoo. Kids will love the Gator Gully Splash Park too, because they can splash around in water sources resembling the parks famous residents.
7) Wet ‘n Wild: This water park is a great combination of thrilling rides and lazy day activities perfect for spending a day in the Orlando sun. With daring rides like The Black Hole, Brainwash. Bomb Bay & Disco H20, as well as a Surf Lagoon, Lazy River and Kids Play area, Wet ‘n Wild promises to be the coolest place to go in Orlando.
8) Orlando Shows: There is a variety of Orlando Shows to see, all of them with something unique and interesting to offer. A few of the top shows to see in Orlando include Pirate’s Dinner Adventure, Sleuth’s Mystery Dinner, Arabian Nights and The Outta Control Dinner Show. Watching an Orlando show is a fantastic way to top off a great day exploring all that Orlando has to offer.
9) Discover the Other Side of Orlando: Orlando is known for its theme parks, but there’s more to explore. When visiting, make time to discover the side of Orlando with activities like the Florida Adventure Tour, where you get to swim with manatees; Florida EcoSafaris, where zip lining and safari’s are available; and Spirit of the Swamp Airboat Tours, where guests get an up close guide of Florida on a private airboat outdoor adventure.
10) Spend at Day at Your Resort: A stay in Orlando provides luxury and amenities to make your stay a fun one. Orlando lodging options include standard hotels, luxury condos, upscale resorts, vacation homes and family-friendly condos, all reasonably priced for customer satisfaction. Spending a day at your resort allows time for some relaxation, plus the kids love playing in the pool, of which Orlando has some of the best. A few of the top choices to stay at while in Orlando include WorldQuest Orlando, Excel Management, The Point Orlando Resort, Magical Memories, Regal Palms Resort and Caribe Cove Resort.