When planning a vacation in Orlando, many families are looking to find the closest Orlando hotels to Disney World to make their time in the sunny state convenient and comfortable.
Here is a helpful guide of places to stay in Orlando that put just minutes from the magic:
1) Blue Heron Beach Resort: With the entrance of Disney World less than one mile away, the resort is located close to all area attractions. The Blue Heron Beach Resort offers over 280 residences – one, two or three bedroom luxury condominiums. Each features tile foyers, baths and kitchens. Guests will enjoy a private balcony, fully equipped kitchens, which include granite counter tops, dishwasher, full oven, and microwave. Distance to Disney World Theme Parks: 1 mile.
2) WorldQuest Resort: The Mediterranean-inspired WorldQuest Orlando Resort is the perfect all-suite hotel for your Florida vacation. WorldQuest Orlando Resort is located just one mile from Walt Disney World Orlando. Each of the condominium-style 2 and 3 bedroom suites features a full kitchen and separate living and sleeping areas. Custom furnishings, plush bedding, granite countertops and top-of-the-line appliances further enhance your WorldQuest Orlando Resort home away from home. Distance from Disney World Theme Parks: 1 mile.
3) Lake Buena Vista Resort: Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa is a new hotel-condominium resort. They are located just 2 miles from Disney and adjacent to the Lake Buena Vista Factory Outlet Mall. Guests will enjoy the Resort Style Zero Entry Pool with Pirate Ship Waterslide, Lanis Luau Poolside Snack & Beverage Bar, Reflections Full Service Spa & Salon, Frankie Farrells Irish Pub, plus Pizza Hut Express Cafe and Mini Market. Distance from Disney World Theme Parks: 2 Miles.
4) Best Western Lake Buena Vista: Located in the Walt Disney World Resort, the Best Western Lake Buena Vista is within walking distance to Downtown Disney. This full service, interior corridor hotel offers continuous shuttle transportation to the Walt Disney World Theme Parks daily. All guest rooms come with pillow top mattresses for added sleeping comfort. All oversized guest rooms feature a private furnished balcony, coffee/tea maker, iron and board, hairdryer, in-room safe, cable television, LG 37″ LCD Flat Screen, digital alarm clock with mp3 connection, voicemail, and wake up service. Distance from Disney World Theme Parks: 3 miles.
5) Hawthorn Suites Lake Buena Vista: The hotel features a complimentary full hot buffet breakfast daily and two hour social reception Monday-Thursday. An outdoor heated pool, fitness center, barbeque grills, basketball court and Jacuzzi are available to help you wind down after a day in Orlando, Florida. Guestrooms offer on-demand movies and complimentary wireless Internet access; one-bedroom suites include fully equipped kitchens, two TVs, and dining and living areas. Hawthorn Suites also offers free scheduled shuttles to the Disney theme parks and is close to Universal Studios, SeaWorld, many golf courses, shops and restaurants. Distance from Disney World Theme Parks: 3 miles.
6) Star Island Resort: Star Island Resort and Club is located close to Walt Disney World Resort and is close to all popular central Florida theme parks, shopping malls and a variety of dining and entertainment options. The Mediterranean styled Resort and Spa features mini suites to three bedroom deluxe villas that are designed for your ultimate comfort. Star Island Resort and Club provides a wide range of recreational activities including nine tennis courts, golf driving range, putting green, sandy beach on Lake Cecile, water sports, volleyball and basketball courts, picnic area, and swimming in zero-entry outdoor pools. Distance from Disney World Theme Parks: 4 miles.
7) Blue Tree Resort: The Blue Tree Resort offers free shuttle service to Walt Disney World, Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure and Sea World. Blue Tree Resort puts all the magic and fun right on your doorstep. They are located in the heart of Central Florida just minutes away from Orlando’s most famous theme parks. Blue Tree Resort is the perfect destination for business travelers, families and couples looking for all the comforts of home away from home. Distance from Disney World Theme Parks: 4 miles.
8) Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort: Magic abounds at the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort, an official Walt Disney World Hotel. Located directly across the street from the Downtown Disney area, this beautiful resort specializes in family-friendly amenities, impressive facilities, and uncompromising fun and service. Scheduled transportation is also provided to the Disney Theme Parks. Kids of all ages will love the Oasis Aquatic Playground, an exciting focal point of this Orlando family resort featuring two pools, interactive water features, and a large hot tub. Adults will relish the opportunity to relax on the beautiful pool deck and soak up the Florida sunshine. Distance from Disney World Theme Parks: 7 miles or less.
9) Melia Orlando Suite Hotel: Located in the award-winning village of Celebration and minutes from the gates of the Walt Disney World® theme parks, Melia Orlando Hotel features 240 luxuriously appointed one and two bedroom accommodations, featuring thoughtfully composed living areas, complete kitchens and furnished balconies overlooking your choice of the spectacular infinity pool or lush Florida landscape. Distance from Disney World Theme Parks: 8 miles.
10) Diamond Grand Beach Resort: Treat yourself to the ultimate family vacation at Grand Beach. Spend the day playing at Disney World Theme Parks, then relax in the resort’s whirlpool to soak the crowds away. Amenities at Grand Beach are endless, and one of the best reasons to stay here. This quiet lakefront resort features tennis courts, outdoors pools, fishing, canoeing and other water sports on Lake Bryan. Nicely appointed one, two and three bedroom condos make it easy to have the vacation you want in Orlando. Distance from Disney World Theme Parks: 9 miles.
Ashley is Reserve Direct’s travel expert, visiting Orlando to find the best travel tips, money-saving deals and insider information. With over 10 years of experience in first-hand-travel adventures, she shares her stories, advice, and current events to help you stay in the know.