Ringing in the New Year at Disney World is fun at all four theme parks. Here is a park-by-park guide detailing Disney World New Years Eve, complete with park hours and times for special shows and events.
Note: Disney World New Years Eve details for 2016 have not yet been released.The information below is from last year, just to give you an idea of what may be offered.
- Park is open 8:00am – 2:00am; Extra Magic hours 7-8am
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas Parade: 12:00pm & 3:30pm
- Main Street Electrical Parade: 7:00pm
- Holiday Wishes Fireworks: 7:30pm
- Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks: 11:50pm
- New Year’s Countdown Fireworks at 11:40pm
- A DJ dance party in front of the castle and Celebrate the Magic projection show are also scheduled. Check showtimes upon arrival at the park.
Tips: The Magic Kingdom is the busiest of all the Disney Parks, and they host the most kid-friendly New Year’s Eve celebration. Luckily, you can experience the same events on December 30 complete with the midnight countdown. Think of it as a rehearsal for the big night on the 31st! If you do plan on a December 31 visit, arrive before 10:30am as parks will fill to capacity early. Fireworks for the Magic Kingdom show are a spectacular sight. They are shot over the castle and all around the park perimeter. Even the countdown to midnight is done in fireworks forming numbers in the sky. If you’d like to view the show outside the park, the observation deck on the 4th floor of the Contemporary Resort, beaches of the Polynesian Resort, marina dock at The Grand Floridian and restaurants such as Califronia Grill and Narcoossees offer fantastic viewing spots. Please note alcohol will not be available at Magic Kingdom NYE celebrations, excluding beverages served with dinner at Be Our Guest Restaurant.
- Future World: 8:00am – 1:00am
- World Showcase: 10:00am – 1:00am
- IllumiNations Peace on Earth holiday version – 6:30pm
- IllumiNations New Years Eve version with Countdown & Fireworks – 11:40pm
- DJ dance parties will take place throughout the park. Check for time party times upon arrival at the park.
Tips: The Midnight Fireworks show at Epcot features a special salute to each country, with dazzling fireworks lighting up the sky over each pavilion, accompanied by traditional music. Epcot is a wonderful place for adults to ring in the New Year. Live DJ dance parties are hosted throughout the park at places like the Fountain Stage at Future World and America Gardens Theatre at World Showcase, as well as courtyards at Italy, United Kingdom and China. , and temporary bars are set up on the promenade, usually at Mexico, China, Italy, Germany, American Adventure, Japan, Morocco, France and Canada. All dance party locations also have free noisemakers and party hats.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Park is open 8:00am to 12:00am; Extra Magic Hours until 2:00am
- Fantasmic!: 8:00pm & 9:30pm
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular: 12 a.m.
- Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! : 9:00 p.m.
Tips: To get the best viewing spot for Disney’s Hollywood Studios Fireworks find a spot on Hollywood Boulevard facing The Great Movie Ride. The fireworks show is shot from the roofs of the buildings surrounding that area. This park is generally less crowded than Epcot and Magic Kingdom. Plus, temporary bar kiosks are set up throughout the park.
- Park is open 8:00am – 8:30pm
- No specific celebrations are planned at Animal Kingdom
Disney Springs (Formerly Downtown Disney)
- Disney Marketplace: 8:00am – 1:00pm
- Shopping: 8:00am – 2:00am
- West Side: 8:00am – 2:00am
- Cirque du Soleil: 6:00pm and 9:00pm performance. The show features a special NYE finale.
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes will have NYE specials
- Raglan Road is hosting two NYC bashes in one night. Raglan Road rings in the Irish New Year at 7 p.m. and again at Midnight. Live Irish music and the award winning Raglan Road Irish Dancers are featured. A complimentary champagne toast welcomes 2017. Call (407) 938-0300 for additional info or to make reservations.
All three districts within Downtown Disney will have DJ dance parties, live entertainment, Disney food trucks, plus wine, beer and cocktails will be served.
Disney World Resorts
Atlantic Dance Hall at Disney’s Boardwalk Resort
Swing to the sounds of a live big band from 8pm-2am. Party hats and horns, and champagne toast are included with admission, as are viewing of the Epcot fireworks at midnight. Upgrade to VIP admission for access to the second floor dance club with guaranteed seats, access to private balcony for viewing of Illuminations and complimentary desserts.
California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
This elegant affair is pricey ($625 per person!) but promised to be a memorable NYE experience. The gala features elaborate food stations, complimentary alcoholic beverages, appearances by Disney characters and spectacular views of the Magic Kingdom’s fireworks.
Narcoose’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort
There are two NYE dinner celebrations planned at Narcoose’s:
Early Dinner: Seating is between 5:00 p.m. and 5:45 p.m., and price is $159.75 for adults and $74.55 for children, prepaid (tax and gratuity included).
Late Dining Event: Seating is between 8:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Price is $317.48 for adults and $118.28 for children, prepaid (tax and gratuity included).
Victoria & Alberts at Disney’s Grand Floridian
A ten-course New Year’s Eve meal, featuring eight courses and two desserts, paired with nine wines, is hosted at Victoria & Alberts. The meal is prepped by lauded Chef Scott Hunnell. The meal with wine and gratuity will be $375 plus tax. You should know that guests must to be older than 10 years of age to attend and older than 21 to be served alcohol.
As you can see, there are plenty of special events planned for New Year’s Eve at Disney World Orlando. Plus, all events are included with the purchase of Disney tickets.
Ashley is Reserve Direct’s travel expert, visiting Orlando to find the best travel tips, money-saving deals and insider information. With over 10 years of experience in first-hand-travel adventures, she shares her stories, advice, and current events to help you stay in the know.