LEGOLAND Florida may have just opened on October 15th, but they are already making waves in Orlando by announcing details about an all-new LEGOLAND Waterpark. The LEGOLAND Waterpark is set to open sometime in Summer 2012.
The waterpark will be geared towards kids ages 2-12 and feature a wave pool, lazy river, tube slides and an interactive water-play structure.
Some of the key attractions for the new water park include:
- LEGO Wave Pool – Catch a gentle wave or cool off in this pool where the waves are just big enough for all ages to enjoy
- Twin Chasers – Friends ride tubes 375 feet down an intertwining pair of enclosed water slides before plunging into a pool below
- Splash Out – The thrill seekers ascend to the tallest point of the water park attraction and choose from one of three unique slides, then speed down a 60-foot drop and “splash out” into the water below
- Joker Soaker – An interactive playground with various lengths, heights and types of slides. Wade in the surrounding pool and experience a torrential spill from a 300-gallon bucket
- Build-A-Raft River – Together families can imagine, design and build a unique LEGO vessel and set afloat on a maiden voyage around the 1000-foot-long lazy river
- DUPLO® Splash Safari – A water play area for toddlers with shorter slides and interactive, larger-than-life DUPLO creatures
Guests who purchase LEGOLAND Florida tickets can upgrade to gain access to the waterpark for an additional $12 per person (children under 3 are $3).