The Top 10 U.S. Beaches for 2014 have been revealed. The list is created by Stephen Leatherman, aka Dr. Beach, who has been ranking America’s beaches for decades. It’s no surprise Florida dominates the list as the panhandle state has plenty of coastline home to beautiful beaches.
2. Barefoot Beach, Bonita Springs, Fla.
3. St. George Island State Park, Florida Panhandle
4. Waimanalo Bay Beach Park, Oahu, Hawaii
5. Hamoa Beach, Maui, Hawaii
6. Cape Hatteras, N.C.
7. Cape Florida State Park, Key Biscayne, Fla.
8. Coast Guard Beach, Cape Cod, Mass
9. Beachwalker Park, Kiawah Island, S.C.
10. Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park, Naples, Fla.
Road trip to any of these beaches from Orlando to spend a day or two at the beach. You can easily access beaches in Florida in from Orlando in just about an hour.
Ashley is Reserve Direct’s travel expert, visiting Orlando to find the best travel tips, money-saving deals and insider information. With over 10 years of experience in first-hand-travel adventures, she shares her stories, advice, and current events to help you stay in the know.