Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom is becoming bigger and better than ever before. The expansion is the largest in Magic Kingdom history and once the project is complete, Fantasyland will nearly double in size. The renovated theme park land will immerse guests in Disney stories and bring them to life a new, innovative ways. Fantasyland will debut a new home for Ariel, from The Little Mermaid; feature new ways to interact with Disney princesses; a new family roller coaster; two flying Dumbo’s; the “Be Our Guest” Restaurant at Beast’s Castle and much, much more.
The Disney World Fantasyland project is being constructed in phases. Here’s a quick update on when you can expect attractions to open:
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant has reopened at Fantasyland and will be joined by a second Flying Dumbo, which will fly counterclockwise, in July 2012. This attraction will also have a new indoor interactive area, creating a queue that makes standing in line entertaining.
- At Storybook Circus the classic Barnstormer Goofy now features Goofy as the Great Goofini. The ride takes families on a “coaster flight” above the circs and is now open.
- The Fantasyland Train Station , designed with a country cottage theme, is open, making Fantasyland once again a stop on the Walt Disney World Railroad.
- The Casey Jr. Splash ‘n Soak Station opens July 2012.
Holidays 2012 will see the opening of:
- Under the Sea – Journey of The Little Mermaid
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Be Our Guest Restaurant
- Gaston’s Tavern
- Ariel’s Grotto
In 2014, the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will open.