Disney World is a unique experience for the young and old alike. Families venture to this Orlando theme park to experience the Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. With so much to see and do, it’s worthwhile to plan ahead so that you use every bit of your vacation time having fun instead of “figuring it out.”
1) The Disney World Theme Parks are massive. With a combined 25,000 acres, there is a never-ending amount of things to discover. One of the best pieces of advice is to have an agenda, but also keep your sense of spontaneity. This is a vacation after all, which means time to relax. Enjoy yourself and don’t be too rigid about any plans you may have. The best advice for a day at the parks is to check the forecast when you wake up, and then dive in to whatever theme park suits that day’s weather. For instance, the animals will be livelier at the Animal Kingdom when it’s cloudy as opposed to sunny and Disney’s Hollywood Studios is a great place to go when there is rain in the forecast, as there are a lot of indoor activities available.
2) Take advantage of the FREE Disney Fastpasses. These are invaluable time-savers that are easy to use. They are available from machines at many of the popular rides and they specify a time window when you can return and skip the line. Essentially it is like making a reservation time for a ride, so you can spend less time waiting and more time exploring! Plus, it’s a little known secret that if you miss your fastpass time window, you can still show up and use the pass until the day is over.
3) There are iconic attractions associated with each Disney theme park, whether it is Epcot’s Mission Space, the Magic Kingdom’s Space Mountain or Disney’s Hollywood Studios Tower of Terror. But, don’t forget to make time for the lesser known attractions as well. With less wait time and smaller crowds, these attractions can be very enjoyable as well.
4) Don’t pay to park more than once! May families like to take advantage of the Disney Park Hopper Passes, so they can hop from park to park. This is a great way to see more of the Disney Theme Parks but many guests think if they move their car, they must also pay again. This is not true. A Disney parking pass is valid at all of the parks, for the entire day. Plus, if you don’t mind shuttling to your park, you can park at Downtown Disney absolutely free.
5) Lastly, be sure to stay hydrated. There are many drinking fountains around the parks but filtered water is also available for free from any location that has fountain drinks. This might be a no-brainer piece of advice, but it’s an easy thing to overlook when you’re busy having a blast at Disney World. Coolers smaller than 24″L x 15″W x 18″H (the size of the large lockers) are allowed inside the parks as well.
Purchase your Disney tickets today to discover all that Disney World has to offer!