|The Killers Performing Live. Image courtesy of Creative Commons
is hosting a one-of-a-kind music festival this Fall, scheduled for November 12 and 13 at the Citrus Bowl.
The Orlando Calling Festival will feature a variety of top musical acts, including The Killers, who are co-headlining the event. They join Kid Rock and Bob Seger as the festival’s top acts. Other popular performers include the Avett Brothers, The Raconteurs, Doobie Brothers, the Pixies, the Roots, O.A.R., Buddy Guy, Warren Haynes, the Flatlanders, Jenny and Johnny, Pete Yorn, Gavin DeGraw, Drive-By Truckers, Civil Twilight, Iron and Wine, Blake Shelton, Lucero and Michelle Branch, among others.
Four stages will also be set-up to feature up-and-coming and classic American bands. The first day will highlight modern rock, while the second day pays tribute to classic rock. A coffee-house style stage will be set up as well to showcase more intimate performances.
The schedule of performances is as follows:
The Killers will headline the festival’s opening day on Nov. 12, on a bill with the Raconteurs, Pixies, the Avett Brothers, The Roots, O.A.R., Iron & Wine, Pete Yorn, Jenny & Johnny, Gavin DeGraw, Drive-By Truckers, Dr. Dog, Civil Twilight, Lucero, the Felice Brothers, Ben Sollee and Renee & The Translators.
On Nov. 13, Seger will perform on a lineup with Kid Rock, country star Blake Shelton, the Doobie Brothers, Dwight Yoakam, Buddy Guy, the Warren Haynes Band, Chris Isaak, Brandi Carlile, Robert Randolph & the Family Band, the Flatlanders, Los Lonely Boys, Blues Traveler, Michelle Branch, Justin Townes Earle, the David Mayfield Parade and Orlando’s own ska favorites the Supervillains.
Tickets are on sale now. A one-day pass is $80; with a two-day pass is $145.
Reserve a guaranteed lowest rate Orlando Hotel now for a great getaway in Central Florida.
Universal Orlando Resort
is presenting A Celebration of Harry Potter Films
November 11-13, 2011 at Islands of Adventure, home to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
. The event will give guests the opportunity to celebrate the story of Harry Potter with fellow fans, cast members and filmmakers. The event is hosted by Warner Bros.
Special vacation packages are on sale, offering exclusive benefits:
• An evening gala in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
• Autograph signings with stars from the Harry Potter films
• Q&A; sessions with Harry Potter Filmmakers and cast members as well as the creators of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
• Screenings of all eight Harry Potter Films at the Universal Cineplex 20 in Universal CityWalk
Two package options are available, one starting at $369 per person, the other at $699 per person. Packages go on sale July 31st. For reservations, click here.
Universal Studios has revealed the upcoming Hollywood version of “The Thing” will be a featured theme for a haunted house for Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando, Florida. The movie is set to open October 14, but guests who attend Halloween Horror Nights will get a terrifying sneak-peak at the film’s look and feel.
“The Thing” themed haunted house is promising to bring guests face-to-face with ‘The Thing,’ a creature that has the ability to turn itself into an exact replica of any living being.
An abandoned scientific research facility in the middle of the Antarctica will set the stage for “The Thing.” The haunted house will feature elaborately designed and disturbingly real alien creatures and sets. Universal Orlando Resort has partnered with the film’s producers in order to create an authentic house that invokes the true spirit of ‘The Thing.’
This is the first announced house for the Halloween Horror Nights 2011. Full details are expected sometime in August. Check back often to find out more!
There are a variety of things to see and do at exciting Walt Disney World
. Here is a rundown of Disney World news that might be helpful to you:
• The 16th Annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival is scheduled for September 30 through November 13. The one-of-a-kind festival serves up international cuisine, culture and entertainment form six continents, with more than 25 countries featuring tapas-sized portions paired with a variety of spirits and beverages. Where better to experience the flavors of the world than Disney’s Epcot? Purchase your Disney tickets today to experience this exotic festival.
• The LEGO Imagination Center at Downtown Disney has recently been renovated, adding nearly 3,500 square feet to the overall space as well as adding a separate playroom inside the store and new Master Builder Bar. A 3,000 square foot outside play area is filled with LEGO blocks as well. Surrounding the store, guests will find iconic LEGO models of Disney/Pixar Characters such as Buzz Lightyear and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs among others.
• Lightning McQueen has joined the cast of Lights, Motors, Action! The Extreme Stunt Show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will feature a Lighting McQueen cameo when the stunt show director sets up a nightlight reel dedicated to “one of the greatest race cars of all time.” Mater also makes an appearance, adding even more hilarity and entertainment to the show. Guests can meet both Mater and Lightning McQueen at the Winner’s Circle after the show.
• The celebrity narrators for the 2011 Candlelight Processional at Disney’s Epcot, scheduled for November 25 through December 30, have been announced. The Disney World Christmas event combines the talents of three choirs, a live orchestra and a celebrity narrator, who tell the Christmas story through a unique performance of song and scripture. 2011 narrators are:
- 11/25 – 11/27: Mira Sorvino
- 11/28 – 12/01: Michael W. Smith
- 12/02 – 12/03: Whoopi Goldberg
- 12/04 – 12/06: TBA
- 12/07 – 12/09: Isabela Rossellini
- 12/10 – 12/12: Neil Patrick Harris
- 12/13- 12/14: TBA
- 12/16 – 12/18: TBA
- 12/19 – 12/21: Trace Adkins
- 12/22 – 12/24: Susan Lucci
- 12/25 – 12/27: Blair Underwood
- 12/28 – 12/30: Marlee Matlin (interpreter: Jack Jason)
is bringing some new entertainment to Downtown Disney
. Splitsville, a chain of restaurants that offers bowling and billiards in an upscale environment, will begin construction this Fall.
Splitsville will replace RideMakerz on the West Side of Downtown Disney. The 50,000 square-foot venue will feature a menu with sliders, sushi, pizza and a variety of other items, as well as drinks. The venue turns into an adult-oriented nightlife spot after 8pm, and guests will be encouraged to wear evening attire. At some other Splitsville locations guests must be over 21 to enter after 8pm, but it is unclear as to whether this will be the case at the Downtown Disney location.
RideMakerz will move to the Marketplace area of Downtown Disney
FantasyWorld Resort in Orlando, Florida is just weeks away from completing their $14 million renovation. The resort will feature various upgrades throughout the property, including a zero entry pool, a new activities building and a sprawling new pool deck and enhanced pool bar. The Grand Opening on the new FantasyWorld Resort is set for August 13, 2011.
The new aquatic features at the resort include a zero entry pool, 2-5 story water slides, lazy river and kiddie splash zone. The new pool area also includes two hot tubs which feature different temperatures and a double sided fireplace, as well as the upgraded pool bar that will serve drinks and light fare. Cabanas surrounding the new pool deck, complete with TVs and refrigerators, will also be available to rent.
An exciting array of activities will be housed in the new activities building, which will feature a game room, guest lounge and host activities for adults and children. Virtual Gold will be available here, although there is an additional charge for this service. A single golfer will be able to choose from 20 courses and complete 18 holes within an hour. A large fitness center is located on the 2nd floor, and is equipped with cardio, weight machines and free weights. A sauna and steam room is attached to the fitness center.
FantasyWorld Resort Orlando also offers scheduled transportation to theme parks, including Disney World. Reserve your stay today to enjoy all of the new amenities at this resort.
FantasyWorld Resort is also home to Fantasy Surf, where you can catch the ultimate indoor wave.
Rock the Universe
hits Universal Orlando Resort
September 9 and 10, 2011. The Christian music event is a weekend of faith, love and rock ‘n roll, all surrounded by the awesome atmosphere of Universal Studios. This year’s event features an all-new fan zone, nightly candlelight ceremony featuring Casting Crowns on Saturday, September 10, and My Coke Rewards Live Karaoke.
The schedule for this year’s line-up:
David Crowder Band
Family Force 5
Tenth Avenue North
The Fan Zone will feature music by Jason Castro, Dara Maclean and For King and Country. Special meet and greet are scheduled with these performers. The nightly candlelight ceremony will feature guest speaker Jay Stack on Friday night, with Casting Crowns appearing on Saturday night only. Tom Joyce and Sujo John will also appear as guest speakers throughout the event, and on Sunday there will be a special non-denominational worship service. The service will be located at the Fear Factor Stage at Universal Studios
and will feature praise and worship music, along with speakers Jeff Pratt and the Seth Medley Band.
New for 2011, Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit will feature songs from popular Christian bands including Third Day, Switchfoot, Red, Family Force 5 and others so you can ride and rock to your favorite Christian songs.
The Rock the Universe event starts at 4pm each day and ends at 1am. This event is a separate ticketed event and is not included with regular Universal Studios tickets.
Planning a vacation to Disney World
? These special money-savings tips can help you create a vacation experience that will stretch your hard earned dollar:
1) Take Advantage of FREE Disney Ticket Upgrades:
We offer Disney Tickets
that feature a “Buy a 3 Day Ticket, Get the 4th & 5th Day FREE” special offer. Upgrades are also available on the 6 Day Ticket and 8 Day Ticket. Update: The upgrade on the 3 Day Ticket is no longer available. 4 Day Tickets are now upgraded to a 5 Day Ticket.
2) Buy Disney World Vacation Packages:
Bundle your Disney Tickets with Orlando hotels
in order to save even more money on your vacation. Many hotels feature discount package rates that you only have access to when you reserve a package as opposed to a la carte style shopping.
3) Save on Disney Parking: Parking at Disney World Theme Parks is $14 a day for the average family car. Keep in mind if you are hopping from park to park with a Park Hopper Pass, be sure to only pay to park once. A Disney parking pass is valid at all parks for an entire day. Another option is to reserve your stay with a Disney Good Neighbor Hotel as they feature FREE shuttles to the park.
4) Use FREE Disney Fastpasses: Disney Fastpasses are invaluable timesavers that are available at many of the theme park’s most popular rides. Essentially, Fastpasses work as follows: You go to a Fastpass kiosk located at your ride of choice, the kiosk gives you a Fastpass ticket specifying a time window when you can return and skip the line. Plus, a little known secret of Fastpasses is if you miss your Fastpass window time, you can still show up and use the pass until the day is over.
5) Pack a Snack: Theme park drinks and food can add up quickly when you are on a family vacation. Luckily, Disney World allows Coolers smaller than 24″L x 15″W x 18″H so that you can bring some snacks and pack a few water bottles that will help you stay hydrated. Also take advantage of the FREE hydration stations available at any location serving fountain drinks. You can get filtered water from any of these stations.
6) Purchase Disney World Non-Expiration Tickets: Disney World ticket prices generally increase every year. However, if you purchase Disney World Non-Expiration Tickets you can lock in the price available now and your tickets never expire. If you are an avid Disney fan, and know Disney is in your future, this is a great way to save money.
These are just a few of the secret ways to save on your next Disney vacation in Orlando.
When it heats up in Orlando this summer, head to Wet ‘n Wild where you save on your summer fun! At ReserveOrlando.com, we currently have special discount Wet ‘n Wild tickets in a variety of options, one of which is sure to fit your vacation needs. There are single day tickets, length of stay tickets valid for unlimited visits to Wet ‘n Wild Orlando for 14 consecutive days from the first day of use, and single day tickets with meal deal featuring your choice of one hotdog, hamburger or personal size pizza with chips, soft drink and dessert.
The Orlando Water Park is home to more multi-person rides than other Orlando area water park.
Dive into your Day at Wet ‘n Wild with these rides:
• The Black Hole – A two-person hydra capsule rides featuring pulsating lights and dynamic effects.
• Brain Wash – A 2-4 person six-story extreme tub ride with a 53-foot vertical drop into a 65-foot domed funnel.
• Disco H20 – A 4-passenger tub ride down an enclosed flume featuring a watery disco with lights, disco balls, and groovy seventies music.
• Lazy River – A lazy river perfect for relaxing that includes replicas of old Florida boat docks, rustic billboards and waterfalls.
• The Blast – Also known as Raging Rapids, guests zoom down a ruptured pipeline getting soaked to the core.
• The Storm – Drop from an elevated chute into a giant open bowl where you spin in circles into a splash landing.
• The Flyer – A 4-passenger toboggan adventure through 450-feet of banked curves.
• Bomb Bay – On this ride you’ll literally feel the floor drop out from underneath you as you take a plunge down a 76-foot high, nearly vertical slide.
• Der Stuka – A six-story speed slide that lets you freefall down a 250-foot slide, then glide to a stop along a 115-foot water runway.
• Mach 5 – Features three different flumes, totaling 1,700 feet, which twist and turn over different thrill courses, all ending with a splash in a large pool.
• The Surge – A Multi-Passenger tube ride down five-stories through 600 feet of twisting and turning banked curves.
• Bubba Tub – Triple-dip, six-story slide with tube big enough to hold the entire family.
• Surf Zone – Get your surf on as four-foot high waves roll across a 17,000 square foot wave pool.
• Kids’ Park – Features a gigantic water bucket, wave pool and lazy river just for the kids.
Purchase your Orlando vacation today to splash into Wet ‘n Wild!