As the school year draws to a close, parents everywhere are gearing up for the family summer vacation. If your family is among the many visitors headed to Disneyworld this summer, even adults may need a few pointers from a class like “Kid Tourism 101” before tackling Kissimmee and Orlando, Florida, the areas best known as home to Walt Disney World.
1) Always have a small backpack for each day’s adventure. Pack band-aids, sun block, bug spray, camera, wet wipes, and some light snacks. Always have some water bottles or juice. The hot summer sun in Kissimmee, Florida makes for thirsty tourists of all ages.
2) If traveling with children still in diapers, pack more diapers than a usual day’s supply.
3)When entering the Orlando theme parks, make sure the children have a note tucked in a pocket with the child’s name, adult’s cell phone, Orlando lodging information, license plate with make and color of car, and any medical information. Lost children happen and this info will speed up unification!
4) Kids 3 to 5 years old might balk at the thought of riding in a stroller, but by 2:00 pm wherever you are in Kissimmee or Orlando, a stroller will be welcome!
5) If you have traveled from another time zone, remember a child takes longer to adjust to the time difference. Be patient. Also, remember the need for naps never takes a vacation. Allow down time for children each afternoon.
6) Theme parks are not all there is to do in Kissimmee and Orlando, Florida! Most non-Florida children would love to see an alligator or two. Take them to Scenic Eco Tours for an hour long boat tour of Lake Tohopekaliga. On the northern end of the lake is Mackinson Island which is great hiking territory. The island is only accessible by boat.
7) If your kids are orange juice lovers, let them see and taste the real thing by visiting Ivey Groves Fresh Citrus off Boggy Creek Road just off the Florida Turnpike. A tram ride through the groves is followed by samples of Florida’s best known export: orange juice!
8) Kids of all ages love Downtown Disney. From seeing the Lego creations in the lake to getting misted at the Rainforest Cafe, the kids will enjoy the sights and sounds. There is no fee to walk around, but some of the restaurants have long wait times. Early dinners are advised. The parking is free.
9) Don’t forget about spending time at the pool. Look for Orlando vacation homes and Kissimmee villas for rent with private pools or large resort pool areas.Sometimes two hours in the pool with mom or dad are really the vacation moments that children will remember long after they leave the land of theme parks.
10) If the resort community where you are staying is quite large, take the kids for a walking tour. The best Florida vacation memories are often closer than you think!
The perfect family vacation to Disney World starts with deciding whether to stay in Orlando or Kissimmee, Florida. For the best value, choose a Disney World condo rental or vacation villa in Kissimmee, FL, which is actually home to many vacation resort communities. Multiple rooms in one unit are more affordable than paying for multiple hotel rooms at the Disney World Resort, especially when traveling with Grandparents or another family.
After tiring of tired children, Mom and Dad will also thank themselves for the separate sleeping quarters, additional space to spread out, and also enjoy added savings by cooking family meals. As an added bonus, many Orlando Florida Resorts have a private pool and hot tub, or enjoy the shared recreation facilities at many of the Disney vacation resort communities.
Information courtesy of TransWorldNews